Yesterday Afternoon Whizzed by

I couldn’t help notice how yesterday afternoon seem to go by so fast.  After lunch I made the bed (the cats were no help even though they tried).  I worked on my letter to Linda and then watched TV.

Around 4 I headed to Adams for their hot bar.  I managed to get Chinese food there.  I had some and the rest will be for lunch if I ignore the rumbling in my stomach.  After everything was cleaned up I relaxed.

Around 6 or 7 I called it an early night.  I tried to write some more but found myself quite tired and eventually fell asleep with Sky near by.  Tiger slept elsewhere.  I did wake up a few times during the night. Found it easy to go back to sleep.  Of course they both woke me up around 5.  I did get to stay in bed until 5:30 this morning.

When I did get up got everything for the cats done.  Laid on the couch until after 6 and got up and got ready for work.  I was pretty much dressed by 7 and out the door by quarter after and headed to the gas station to fill up.  The traffic seemed to move along especially the day after a holiday.  Despite the fact that parking garage elevator is out for the second week in a row I managed to get into the office before 8.

For most of the morning I worked on the refunds and then worked on the last of Friday’s mail.   Then before heading to the union committee meeting I started working on today’s mail.  I was feeling pretty organized.  Of course I had come back to two medium sized piles of insurance refunds.  I do know because of the holiday my usual box of eobs called Healthlogic will be arriving tomorrow.  My short day.

The committee meeting was basically following up on the arrangements for tomorrow’s contract ratification.  WE even discussed the future.  I had asked now that we have won the contract what will we do?  We will continue to meet and make sure they honor the contract.  WE have several projects for our area that have to do with cross training.

I talked with Liz today.  My reason for calling her was to find out which of the sisters was in hospice.  I had read some messages from the Rivera clan indicating that an aunt was gravely ill.  It was one of the sisters I really don’t see often.  Anyway she entered hospice over the weekend and so Liz and N are going down this Thursday and will be back by the weekend.  Liz is coordinating everything so that Nelson isn’t overwhelmed out of his comfort zone.  So I won’t bother her too much in the next couple of days.

I was on my own today leaving the office.  My two walking companions Ann and Mary either didn’t come in or left early from work.  That allowed me to leave on time and get home in time for the grocery delivery.

I was so excited to find not only my new coffee order and but a letter from Missy in Ca.  She was telling me about her and her husband and what she is currently upto… She even told me what her hopes and dreams are.

I also got a bill from the Tolls by Mail.  It was for my trip at Thanksgiving.  I have already paid for it.  I have a feeling when I travel to Allentown I can expect this come often.

The groceries came shortly after 5 all but the salads came.  I put everything away including the fresh ingredients for the cheesecake I have to make tomorrow night for the meeting.  I decided to have a cheese sandwich for dinner.  I wasn’t very hungry.

After that i took care of the cat’s needs.  I went upstairs and get settled in.  Watching the NCIS Marathon until I find something else until Midnight.  I have a feeling I since I tried one of the new coffee’s I will be up ALL Night.  Sky is at my feet again and Tiger is in the spring mattress.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s