It is after 6 at night and I am about to do marathon Christmas Card signing and addressing. It is snowing out and has been since 2 or 3 this afternoon. It was definitely a slow ride home but I had to make stops.
The first stop was to the Post office to mail the four cards I addressed last night and to buy about 40 stamps. Once I go through all of these I will buy more. The second stop was to Adams to pick up dinner and dips for me to snack on tonight.
I think I messed up on the list. Some names are checked off as being done and I don’t remember doing them and the dates seem wrong. So I am going to be a little more careful with it but if I feel I didn’t send it out I will send another one.
I found my address book (the hardcover book) in my bag. I had though I lost it long ago. I have to update it. I also found the note book inserts alphabetically which reminded me that I wanted to find a three ring binder to make my own address book. Of course trying to figure out how I want to do it is a little aggravating.
Sky is asleep on the bed behind me. Tiger was in my bedroom sleeping on the bed and then followed me downstairs when I went for tea. She stayed down there.
- I am thankful for my family warts and all. I heard from Jim in the last couple of days and it sounds like he caught that stomach bug that everyone else in the world got. Liz and Nelson got a new chair for Nelson and gave the old one to my nephew Rich. Rich came over last night to put fix on the window that blew open sometime Wednesday morning. He is going to make a wood stop for me to put into the frame so it doesn’t open.
- I am thankful for my kitties. I am glad they didn’t try to get out in the cold air from Wednesday. They have been doing their stuff. I have the first of two vet appointments after the new year. Should be interesting to see how it goes.
- I am thankful for my job. We had our holiday party and it was a huge success. We surmise that about 300 hundred Yale Medicine. The food and décor was incredible. I did some dancing but had to stop when I was having the beginnings of a wardrobe malfunction.
- I am thankful for the Medical profession that keeps me on the road to good health. I heard from the health coach this week and we have a meeting next Monday. I have a session with Debra tonight via phone.
- I am thankful for my neighbors: Neighbor Don dug me out over the weekend. Everyone is doing well. Young Shannon returned from School for the holiday. I haven’t seen her yet I am so looking forward to that.
- I am thankful for my home. Happily, the window was fixed but is now on the big to do list for the spring. I have had the heat up to 70 degrees in the last few days and at times it was even too hot for me.
- I am thankful for my friends. I got some great letters from my pen pals. My friends in NC, FL, and all over seem to be doing good.
- I am thankful for the organizations I belong to. Just finished up Ladies guild autumn activities. It’s still a hassle about the nominations committee. I told Tami that the next time I volunteer for something remind how difficult it is.
9 I am thankful for the weather. The snow has been lovely.
- I am thankful for the men and women who choose to protect and serve their country and their citizens even at the worst possible times.
There was an explosion at the Port Authority Bus Terminal in New York this morning. An alert popped up in my email and began the details. They are uncertain of the origin of the explosion but evacuated a few of the subway lines. IT’s about 20 minutes East of where DIane and Rogier live (if I know my directions). I sometimes wonder if she could feel it or see it from where she was. I guess it’s like here. YOu can’t always hear noises on the other side of town.
ON the upside Today is Diane and Rogier’s Third Wedding anniversary! Did I send them anything? Nope. Do I ever? Nope. Unless you count FB messages!
Work is fine. Spent the morning scanning and the rest of the day doing mail. The couriers redeemed themselves in my eyes. They got here by 12. Had the normal volume of mail. I finished by 3. The last hour consisted of readdress mail.
Today must have been bring in food day because there is chili in one aisle and lasagna in another and I turned down both! Only because I had ravioli for lunch. I was patting myself on the back for saying no. I did not say no to one cookie. Been drinking coffee (3 cups all day and lots of water in between). Will probably not have dinner tonight.
On the way home I stopped at Christmas Tree Shop to get more cards. I was not thrilled with the selection but I still got them anyway. I also got candle lighters or whatever you call them in case I wanted to light candles and or the wax melts at anytime.
When I got home I found my DIa.com order waiting for me in a small box. The outfits look great. There is a blue blouse a pair of black pants, a skirt and a jacket and one other blouse. I am going to my sister’s on Thursday and try them on to see if they look good.
Also my Chewy.com order for the kitties. I really need to put the rest of the kibble in the storage containers before it looks like I am hoarding the dry food.
I watched the last hour of the NCIS Monday Marathon. It was the episode in which Ellie finds out why Jake has been squirrely in their relationship. It was great to see the guys be protective of her but I couldn’t help feel someone (Gibbs) was being a little bit of a hypocrite.
For the next two hours I wrote out some Christmas cards and sent an ecard since i don’t have an address for one or two people yet. I also sent emails to get address updates. This is for the family list. I am finding boxes of cards from last couple of years around in my bags so I can still use them before I use the others.
I also started to read Tonia from OH letter to me as well. I noticed I still have to add a few things to her file (like a log sheet).
Well it’s now time for me to get to bed. My cough seems to be getting irritated.
The snow started just a little after 9 and I found myself regretting even canceling my hair appointment for that morning. It didn’t start getting heavier until after 10. My Sister called me on it-teasing me about it. I really didn’t want to go out in it and I wasn’t sure how my cold was. Even though it seemed much better through out the day.
I spent most of the day watching the NCIS marathon and surfing the internet. AT one point the lap top did a complete update to Windows ten and now I have to get my emails via web mail.
I made sure I wrote a letter to my pal Donna in California that I literally just finished this afternoon. I still have to answer her letter of November 15.
Later on in the evening I spent talking with Mama Joanie. WE talked about work, family, the weather and health. We said good bye 45 minutes later and I did some more writing
Around 7:30 I went to bed and watched TV for a while longer
We are supposed to get a snow storm tomorrow the first official one of the season. There have been reports on how to prepare what you need to know etc. I went out after work to get a few things at the store among them snow boots.
The storm is supposed to come early so I hoped that Angel Hair would call and cancel tomorrow’s appointment in preparation for the storm. I ended up cancelling and rescheduling as I don’t want to be out in the storm tomorrow. However, I will be extremely upset if it doesn’t amount to much! That being said this will allow me to catch up on cards and letters this weekend.
I will be meeting up with my friend Nancy and her family on Sunday to go over any last minute instructions for the menagerie. This year I will be introduced to a hedgehog and I have no idea what to expect. I know what I will be expecting from Preston and Vlad (at least for Vlad I think).
Work has been okay. Everyone seems to be nonchalant about the storm. They don’t have huge plans for tomorrow and plan to stick close to home. Still having troubles with our courier service
- I am thankful for my family warts and all. EVeryone is doing okay. I haven’t really talked much with the family this week until today. Liz and her crew is fine. Jim and his crew are fine. I suspect Ethel and her crew is fine.
- I am thankful for my kitties. They were pretty happy to see me up at 4 am a couple of times this week. They thought there were going to get fed early. They have their annual check ups in January which should be fun.
- I am thankful for my job. As I mentioned in my mid week review. This week has been tough. One of my co workers was let go and another lost her son tragically. There is a collection going around for that.
- I am thankful for the Medical profession that keeps me on the road to good health. I thought today would be the first day I wouldn’t feel sick but now that the stomach issues are done my cough has returned. If it continues I am heading to the doctor.
- I am thankful for my neighbors. They are all getting ready for the Christmas holiday and working.
- I am thankful for my home. It is providing me a great place to be protected and comfortable. I am still working on getting it better organized. I see some projects ahead of me but they do need to wait. I did get the shower handle fixed.
- I am thankful for my friends.
- 8. I am thankful for the organizations I belong to. Next week is our CHristmas party for the ladies guild. Then we will be off for one month. THen my work begins.
9 I am thankful for the weather. Snow is expected sometime Saturday…time to get new boots.
- I am thankful for the men and women who choose to protect and serve their country and their citizens even at the worst possible times. Enough said.
I am so tired and still not feeling well that I will be calling it an early night again. Today was busy and somewhat sad again.
I made a haphazard ride to work with my glasses this morning and attempted to tape them together a half dozen times even with Bob’s help. I did call the Optician’s office and found they would be open until 4:30. I decided that I would leave work early and high tail it over and see what they could do for me. He did find me a pair of glasses that would work for now.
Before leaving for early for the day I finished Friday’s mail and worked on today’s mail. I will have to finish it tomorrow before I do any scanning. I spent about an hour doing scanning and it was hard without using the glasses.
We learned that our Co Worker Ann Marie lost her Son Johnny (25 years) to murder last week. I have trying to find any information online but the team leader who is great friends with her said he was murdered. It happened last Tuesday. Ann Marie has been there a week already with her husband and several of her friends and former coworkers.
I went grocery shopping and managed to get a few extra things I needed as well. It took me an hour and I was home by quarter of 6. I managed to have dinner and feed the cats.
Now just going to bed.
I am finding it hard to see anything today because I carelessly left my eyeglasses on the bed and rolled over them and they snapped at the bridge. I have been trying everything I could to fix them until I get them replaced. Scotch tape didn’t work. I was hoping that if they stayed on long enough I could use the Gorilla Super Glue if I had it. This couldn’t have come at a worse time. I did try to keep them on a few more times and it worked. I just had to be careful of how I looked down or moved.
I called the nursing home to tell them I wouldn’t showing up. I told them I had a headache and quickly threw In my glasses are broken. I can’t very well drive without the glasses. Which means I can’t do much of anything else.
By the end of the afternoon my throat has been bothering me. I suspect I have the beginnings of a cold. Throat is hurting and nose running and I have had some weird coughs. I did take the Alka Seltzer cold med not sure it kicked in. I have had tea as well. I will take come cough medicine before going to bed.
I have to wonder what this merger with CVS and Aetna will me. I have Aetna insurance coverage and I have been thinking about moving to a Pharmacy closer to me then Walgreen’s. I will have to read up on it.
I made plans to run some errands this morning but (as usual) had a slow start to getting going. A few of the places weren’t opened until later on in the morning. Then the rest of the day was going to be letter writing and card writing for the holiday.
Instead I started the laundry mid-morning and decided to do the letter writing at the same time. I managed to get at least a couple of letters done as well as a couple of Christmas cards.
The sun rise was beautiful and I didn’t’ think it would last long as it was supposed to be cloudy and in the 30s and 40’s all day. It was still sunny out by lunch time. As they said when I did have the weather report on “winter is now here”.
My heart was in my throat when I saw email alerts about a fire in Shelton. You see my cousin Al and his family just moved back to Shelton from Texas this past week and I was afraid something happened. Gratefully it wasn’t them. Sadly a Man in a mobile home died.
Just as I am writing to Dr. T I received her latest holiday card with her latest news from Orlando. I definitely will be sending her an email later today.
I tried the Pizza from New Haven Pizza Truck Restaurant that opened a week ago over at the Adams market. It was $21. 34 for a large pizza that included onions and peppers. It was delicious.
After writing in my Pen Pal blog I decided to take a break. The kitties woke up around 2 or so and then dutifully followed me back to the room so I could finish the letter and update the pen pal blog but now I am tired.
I did take a look at seasonal stationary and I may get some and get it by Monday if possible. I would like to use it while writing letters.
I left here a little late and by then stressed and annoyed with myself because I looked up the address and the name of the church 4 times today and still couldn’t remember either. Even though I drove by the church a gazillion times over the past year. I managed to get there 10 minutes before it started.
This woman gave a nasty look to me because I knocked over her walker that was folded up and leaning against the pew. I sat with my friends Mary D and her father Frank N. While most of Serena’s family and when Liz arrived with Nelson sat together. The music was lovely, and the readings and of course the Eulogy given by Serena and Warren’s two children was equally wonderful. The reception following was at Gabrielle’s. I sat with my cousin Serena (the same one I was concerned with being scrutinized by).
It was nearly 2:30 when I left. Liz had left for her retreat and Nelson headed home. I made my rounds of saying goodbye to my family and headed home. My original intention was to head to Milford and pick up the pants and go to the Service Dept. Instead I headed home and crashed.
I got changed and checked out the mail. I was quite surprised to see a reimbursement check from the auto insurance it was the last part of my last car. It couldn’t have come at a better time. Especially with the next insurance payment that’s coming up.
I also got a couple of wonderful Christmas cards from Chris and Jess and their kids and of course Cousins Don and Lorraine. I got their cards signed and will mail out tomorrow.
When I said I crashed I had been watching various shows all afternoon. Including the Willy Wonka Movie (again) and now I am tired. The kitties even slept on the couch with me. It was great.
Now I have Manheim Steam roller and Trans-Siberian Orchestra on YouTube. It’s great. I will listen to it for a little bit longer and then head up to bed.
Got laundry going and will finish it in the morning. I have all the other errands to run and then will do the letter writing and card writing for the rest of the day.