- I am thankful for my family warts and all. Everyone is good. Liz and Nelson are doing an overnighter upstate CT for a lecture they are attending. Jim is good fighting another cold I believe.
- I am thankful for my kitties. I am thankful they didn’t leave any delightful gifts for me this morning. They did wake me up at a decent time (normal 5:30).
- I am thankful for my job-Still playing catch up and getting a lot done. Going to a retirement party tonight for a dear co worker of mine.
- I am thankful for the Medical profession that keeps me on the road to good health. I see the Rheumatologist/LUpus NP tomorrow so we’ll see how it’s going. Probably good. Weight will probably be an issue.
- I am thankful for my neighbors. Some have returned from a trip safely. Others are in town visiting for a short trip.
- I am thankful for my home-Everything dried up nicely after my water works event yesterday. Just have to straighten up. I have some projects that I have to think about for next spring. Painting, repairing.
- I am thankful for my friends-I am really enjoying my friends both online and off. I am still making plans to get together with Siduri. We have to talk about what we want to do.
- I am thankful for the organizations I belong to. The Ladies Guild Tea was lovely. I would say a huge success. DIdn’t attend the other fundraiser I was supposed to go to last night. I was far too tired.
9 I am thankful for the weather. Despite or in spite of the warm temperatures I still liked it. The rain we had last night came in handy as the comforter i had out there needed to washed again
- I am thankful for the men and women who choose to protect and serve their country and their citizens even at the worst possible times.
1. I am thankful for my family warts and all. Heard from my Brother last night and it seems that the doctor feels it is not cancer and the lymph node will be watched. Very relieved to hear that. He shared the info with Liz but I question some of his replies and messages to her…They have a tone of meanness to them and I don’t know why.
2. I am thankful for my kitties. The kitties are doing pretty well. They have been affectionate (some more than others) of late.
3. I am thankful for my job. As I said earlier this week things at work I find okay. I believe morale boosting activities are coming up and some again are unappreciative. Mail was very light yesterday so I suspect it will be heavy today. Will be finishing scanning first and then going back to the readdress mail.
4. I am thankful for the Medical profession that keeps me on the road to good health. I had a good session with Courtney yesterday. We talked about a few things for the upcoming week. I see her again on the 16th. I believe.
5. I am thankful for my neighbors. I have caught up with almost all the neighbors at least once this week. I think our new ones are going to be great.
6. I am thankful for my home-I see things here and there that need to be taken care of but just not right now it can’t.
7. I am thankful for my friends-Everyone seems to be doing well. Wil be working on pen pal letters toward the weekend. I
8. I am thankful for the organizations I belong to. Lots coming up ….I hope I can do the things that need to be done. I am nervous about that
9 I am thankful for the weather. The weather has been so nice at least by the end of the day…the beginning is chilly…some nights have been cold. I did close most of the windows in the house.
10. I am thankful for the men and women who choose to protect and serve their country and their citizens even at the worst possible times.
I was thinking how should I start this entry today and as I look back over the last week it’s been pretty good. There may have been some moments that I had doubts or felt I didn’t follow through on things but in the end it turned out pretty good.
Despite my misgivings on things at work this week it has been going pretty well. I have been busy and continue to be busy. We had the long term service Breakfast on Tuesday and that well very well (despite others saying otherwise).
I made progress with the pen pal organizing yet I still have much more to go. The swaps were a huge success i think. I will be working on more letters this weekend.
I think I did pretty well with the cooking of the stew. I have a few more recipes I am anxious to try out. When I cook I focus on only one recipe at a time. Besides I also don’t have many crockpots in my possession. I bought one over the weekend at Wal*Mart and it was a good deal.
Things in the family ok. Still waiting on the prognosis with J’s CT-Scan I should be hearing from him today. The kids are good.
Talked with Liz earlier in the week she had a pair of slacks that didn’t look good on her (her words not mine) so she gave them to me for a price. The kids are busy getting over colds, getting colds, avoiding colds, and working. I did call this afternoon but she was in a deep sleep. I have a feeling she over did it again.
This weekend will be cooking but I really want to get together with Siduri in the next few weeks if we can.
- I am thankful for my family warts and all. Things are progressing nice and slow with my sister. We will see each other tomorrow night to review recent insurance papers for new car. Brother Jim informed me last night he has “issues”. He had a CT-Scan this morning will get results next week. The MD found lump where lumps not supposed to be. Do you think he said anything to my sister? No.
We received news this past month that my Cousin A has accepted a job back here in the state and will be moving his family back here. Glad to hear it and hope I get to see him more than I did when he did live here. I doubt it I don’t see my cousins that live in town that often anyway.
- I am thankful for my kitties. They are good. They made me a little nervous this week when they didn’t come out from their nap or hiding places until well after I had been home awhile. One day this week I left Tiger in my old bedroom without thinking I closed the door. She spent the entire night there. They have been eating their foods and enjoying their treats I give them.
- I am thankful for my job. Things have been busy throughout the day with the mail, scanning, and refund preparing. Didn’t do a lot of refund work this week but it took a few days to work on just one batch. The union committee officially started this week and have a lot scheduled. We are rebuilding the committee with new members as many have left or stepped down.
- I am thankful for the Medical profession that keeps me on the road to good health. I had my infusion yesterday. They really are doing a great job. I see the Rheumatology doctors next month. Need to ask about the Garlic and Melatonin bits I learned about this week. I see the Pulmonary specialist next month as well. Of course, the heath coach is next month and helping as much as she can. I see Debra tonight.
- I am thankful for my neighbors. I am so looking forward to getting to know the new neighbors from MI. I hope to be a better neighbor than I have been. I try to interact with all of them but must respect space and boundaries.
- I am thankful for my home. It is providing me a great place to be protected and comfortable. I am still working on getting it better organized. I see some projects ahead of me but they do need to wait.
- I am thankful for my friends. I am very thankful that my friends in the Hurricane affected areas are safe and on the road to “recovery”. I am looking forward to hearing from them soon.
I am really excited about the activity in the Pen pal hobby. I am meeting many new people and look forward to the adventures.
- I am thankful for the organizations I belong to. Going to be or supposed to be very busy this fall. Looking forward to it all.
9 I am thankful for the weather. It has been beautiful I think. I am amazed that I still have the windows and fans going for the fresh air. It has been hot at times and then I don’t go out if I don’t have to.
10. I am thankful for the men and women who choose to protect and serve their country and their citizens even at the worst possible times. Enough Said~
All week long been waiting on a few things. First of all I am waiting for the car title from the state so I can pass it on to the insurance company. I think that’s why I haven’t gotten the reimbursement check yet. Now that I am expecting a bill from the insurance company with all the new rates and fees I want to get it paid. It looks like I am still waiting.
I have been busy reorganizing the pen pal hobby and sending out letters to as many as possible to my pen pals. I am very excited to start a pen pal association with a Aatifa in JOhannesburg. I sent her the full intro this morning and heard from her this evening.
My swap partners both got their swaps and enjoyed receiving them. Michelle’s swap should have arrived last night It says it was delivered but I am wondering if it went to the PO Box first. I wonder if I told her the address changed. Although I distinctly remembering putting my home address on it. B’s will come in a day or two.
I had my infusion today and it went well. AFterwards I had to go to Honda to get the tires checked (I am not sure if this goes on my “service record”. THey had to reset something. After that I went to Stop and Shop and got rid of the bottles and got some dinner.
It was nearly 4 when I got home I had dinner and then started fall asleep. The cats never came out until 6 or 7.
I had a really great entry started this morning but never finished it. Annoying but not a huge tragedy. IT has happened before and probably will happen again.
Anyway it was a beautiful morning but it got warmer as the day went on. It was in the 80’s until night fall. I have the fans on in almost every room again. Not sure how long this will last but I like it. AT one point found myself wondering if in years past we still had the windows opened in September. I tried to read some entries but I don’t think I mentioned last year.
I spent the day finishing laundry, working on reorganizing my pen pal files and updating and writing some letters. I also managed to straighten up my old bedroom. I still have to organize stuff in there but at least it’s not all over the floor.
Finally got the storage bin that I had in the old car cleaned out and put into the trunk of “Blue”. I put a few things in there and will put some towels at later time.
I had a dull headache so I stayed home from the rest of the world. I also have to call the dentist there is something seriously wrong with the teeth.
I took some Melatonin for the second night in a row. Not sure if it is affective or not. I do feel tired but not so sure if that is the reason.
I am seriously considering closing the windows and turning the heat on! When I got up just before six the thermostat on the fan read 58 degrees! Now it is 64 degrees. The sun is shining and it looks lovely but I am getting freaking cold. Elsewhere (primarily in Florida) the Hurricane Irma is affecting some if not all of my Floridian family, friends, and acquaintances. I heard from Amy An via IM this morning. I checked in with her. It doesn’t sound like it’s going to be Hurricane force for her. Some others such as Wanda K lost power and is with her sister.
We did our regular Sunday morning routine and then I got the remaining amount of laundry in the machines. I keep looking at the dining room and the kitchen where the clothes now and for some reason can’t bring them upstairs. I would like to have them out of there. The ones upstairs now are partially hanging on the ironing board or in the closet. I am not sure if I am trying to prove to myself or my Sister if I can keep the house tidier than I have been. The dining room table has stuff on it but it is not covered with it. It will be organized very soon once I get the swap stuff mailed.
Oh for those who are wondering it has been two weeks since Sis and I have had our fight. Thirteen days since she sent me the lame ass “apology/blame” email. Aside from trying to call her about the accident I haven’t spoken to her. Every time I see pictures of her on FB I want to make a comment. Usually when those “Sister admiration posts come up” I repost them. Not this week.
Now that I am actively getting involved with pen paling I was looking over all the files (individual as well) that need updating. That includes the outlook contact so when I print out envelopes they are accessible. I have an excel address book I had been doing and then stopped. It is a little daunting. But I will get through it. I might even move the Excel address book to the laptop. It is time consuming.
Groceries were delivered just before 10 and they are all away. Not a lot but everything was delivered.
I finished the laundry around 11:30. The rest of the day will have a few errands and then low key.
1. I am thankful for my family warts and all-I am sending good thoughts to all my family in the path of Hurricane Irma tonight. The storm is supposed to hit them by Friday or Saturday. The stores are already getting crazy in the areas expecting the storm..
2. I am thankful for my kitties-They are currently running around like crazy this evening for some reason. Tiger has been alternating her bedtime at night between my room and downstairs.
3. I am thankful for my job. Finished up the back log of scanning and have been able to do some refund prepping for mailing. There have been some changes in how it is done but nothing that is complicated.
4. I am thankful for the Medical profession that keeps me on the road to good health. I am just waiting for the Rheumy and her assistant finish up on the FMLA papers for me to submit. I also just finished up the antibiotic for the UTI (it’s a touch of oversharing I realize).
I had to reschedule my Health coaching session to next week. I was too tired last night and wanted to get home and veg out.
My session with Debra this week had to be cancelled due to the fact I have a dentist appointment that was moved up to 5.
5. I am thankful for my neighbors. I spent some time with Leah and rocky. They had another “little party” over the weekend. Anyway Leah extended an invite that if I need the kitties to be looked after if I am late or something to let her know.
6. I am thankful for my home. I have been very thrilled at being able to keep up with it lately. Despite the conversation I had over a week ago with my Sister. On the upside it motivated me to get some stuff done. I still have a couple of things that I am working on.
7. I am thankful for my friends. I am sending good thoughts to all my friends in the path of Hurricane Irma tonight. The storm is supposed to hit them by Friday or Saturday. The stores are already getting crazy in the areas expecting the storm.
I also have a few new potential new friends in a few swaps that are due at the end of the year.
8. I am thankful for the organizations I belong to. The Ladies Guild started last week. We have our general meeting next week and have a number of activities coming up and I am looking forward to it.
9 I am thankful for the weather. The cool temperatures we have had in the last couple of weeks have been great on the electric bill. We have had a substantial amount of rain and still need it I think. I am thankful we don’t have the Hurricane yet but I will anticipate it next week.
10. I am thankful for the men and women who choose to protect and serve their country and their citizens even at the worst possible times. Enough said
Last week was a short week and this week will be a short week. I decided earlier in the summer that I would take September 1 off for the long holiday weekend and I am glad I did.
I was able to get some of my pen pal letters out and sign up for swaps. During the holiday weekend, I went and bought those items and now looking forward to the swaps. Even though they are not due until the end of the month. This is going to be a big deal for me since I haven’t done it in several years.
I also went and bought a few things such as mini flashlights (all the others died) and I got six of them. I also got a laundry basket to make a new bed for the cats near the bedroom window by the driveway. I did some straightening out and cleaning out as well.
So far, this week getting back into routine again. As I said yesterday its been quiet but busy kind of quiet. Working on refunds and then the mail. We have just union related stuff and a few celebrations going on in the next few months. As I mentioned earlier there probably more retirements on the Horizon.
This week coming up I am having dinner with my friend Dave for belated birthday dinners. His birthday was two weeks before mine. We are going to a popular restaurant here in New haven. We will catch up since the balloon fest.
I am very excited I just bought a new pocketbook for $20 on Amazon! Should be here Friday. The one I have now is forming holes and it is getting raggedy. It should be here by Friday.
1. I am thankful for my family warts and all-Everyone is fine. We are remembering that we lost my Brother Bob five years ago yesterday (I kept thinking it was on this day). Liz had a nice visit with her grandchildren in SC this week.
2. I am thankful for my kitties-Kitties tried some new food this week and so far seem to eat it and not yak it up. They surprise me every day with their reactions and spontaneity.
3. I am thankful for my job-Been Busy this week again. SuperBob is vac this week. I did have a stressful first couple of days but that is a given.
4. I am thankful for the Medical profession that keeps me on the road to good health. I had a great check up with Rheumy. Had to get blood work done (way overdue). But she was pleased with results
5. I am thankful for my neighbors- Everyone is present and accounted for.
6. I am thankful for my home-Still making plans to fix window. Everything else is status quo.
7. I am thankful for my friends-Dave has been busy between work and spending time with his significant other. Mama R is having company this coming weekend. Need to catch up with her for the week. Dr. T is preparing for the beginning of the school year.
8. I am thankful for the organizations I belong to. Getting ready for the Oyster Festival. I have volunteered for all day of the festival.
9 I am thankful for the weather. It has felt more like the fall season then mid summer.
10. I am thankful for the men and women who choose to protect and serve their country and their citizens even at the worst possible times. Enough said!